Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Introducing The Bleedin Bleedins

It's very rare that I can talk about something I've discovered ahead of everyone else. Often times I seem to be the last one to know but, in this case, I'm ahead of the pack.

The Bleedin Bleedins are a new band out of Boston. They don't have a major label backing them so right now they're just a local thing. Thank God for the Internet because they're on the verge of becoming a global thing.

I heard them just now on Pandora in my specialized station for Franz Ferdinand--you know who they are, right? No, not the archduke--so that has got to be the biggest endorsement for them right there. This band is definitely on Franz's level as far as their talent goes but they may actually be more palatable for the general American music public since, well, they're American.

Anyhow, they have a full album available from ITunes but you can listen to their music for free on their website. Just click the title above to go there and then select 'MP3 Player' from the tiny menu line. 'Tonight' is the song I first heard and it sold me on them right away. Here's to the next big thing.

No comments: