Thursday, May 11, 2006

E3 Day Two

Nothing big today. Most of the news I read was left over from yesterday. There's lots of hype about Spore, including a demo done by Robin Williams (yes, that Robin Williams) that was pretty funny and scatacological. Robin is quite the gamer so he's a good fit for funny game demos. The creature he made was ugly like all the others so when I get my copy I'll try to make things that look nice.

I'm excited about the new Super Smash Bros Brawl even though I don't have a copy of Melee for my GameCube. If you haven't heard, Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid is going to be a guest star in the game and Nintendo is working out the details to get more non-Nintendo characters in the game. Plus it will be using the regular, SNES style controller for the Wii instead of the gimmicky wand so that looks good.

I need to learn more about this Gears of War thing that everyone is talking about. Speaking of games with 'War' in the title I need to remember to buy God of War when (now 'if' thanks to my stupid car) I get a PS2. It's a bonus that God of War 2 will stay on the PS2 so I don't feel any need to sell a liver for a PS3.

Hopefully there'll be a good bombshell tomorrow but I doubt it. I just wish I were there.

No comments: